Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ninja's don't like dull blades.

Remember when I said I enjoy cutting quilts? 
I'm starting to wonder how accurate that statement really was.
Whimsy has started a quilt, I'd say the top is about half finished. THAT is why I finally started cutting a quilt. 
Lets see, only something elaborate and complicated would do. 
I didn't have enough fabric for my first choice (Thank goodness!!) So I settled on hexagons. Yes, hexagons. I carefully selected 8 fat quarters from my stash and started cutting...I quickly developed my own technique, and working with a dull blade I cut 2 of the fat quarters. I have seen the light, sharp blades are a must if you want to keep your sanity!
The quilt I'm working on is going to be a modern grandma's garden quilt, I think it'll be about lap size. That is to say, I hope it will be a lap size..... I'm pretty sure each block will be about 12". The only scary part is I still have to cut my background fabric into hexagons....not looking forward to that. Oh, and since I don't have the patience to hand sew this quilt like I'm supposed to, I'm going to do it completely by machine. Whats that? You think that's impossible and\or crazy? Do NOT underestimate a quilting ninja's skills. I will be posting my progress and maybe a tutorial on machine sewing the blocks if anyone's interested.

The Ninja

No comments:

Post a Comment